Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Christmas Morning Smiles
I know, I know, the Christmas season is not all about the presents... but man, Christmas morning was sure fun when I was a kid. I mean, look at my face in the picture above. I am ecstatic over my doll... and that Knit Magic and finger paint set is also pretty darn cool!

We had a tradition growing up where my dad would tie a bow on our living room doorway, and we could not go in until my parents were both awake. As you can imagine, this was excruciating. I mean, how long would my mom take? Was she really brushing her teeth AND getting her coffee too?

The doorway had slats in it, and we'd scrunch our eyes, and peak through the gaps, trying to get a little clue of what lay behind. Finally, when the coffee was made, and my parents were ready, the door would open. It was magic. Presents piled high, and the tree glimmering with lights. We'd race to our stockings and being the frenzy.

We've carried on the bow tradition with my kids as well. They absolutely love it. They too have that same moment when the door opens and they see all the goodies! It really is magic.

Even with the present brigade, the season is much more than that - it's family, it's traditions, it's being together and enjoying the moment. I hope you have a wonderful holiday filled with all those moments too!

1 comments:

Mobile app development company said...

Amazing article with complete knowledge. Thanks for sharing. I want to share information about the Mobile app developers in Pune. As pioneers in technology adoption, we stay ahead in the race to offer top-notch mobile app development services to our clients. Mobile app Developers based in Pune serve as a comprehensive solution for all your mobile app development needs. Our expertise extends to clients not only across India but also on a global scale.